Tuesday 15 March 2016

Casper Vend Migration

When I first joined SL I bought the leading vendor system availabe at the time, Hippo.
Since then, with my collaborative projects such as vString, Wideloads, and Fusion I have been using Hippo to deliver products and also give redelivery to customers.

In September last year, I had several customers complain the redelivery system wasnt working. I checked it over, looked in to the reasons why things were not working, and found nothing, however these complaints persisted, and after spending time with my customers trying to isolate why this wasnt working, it turned out it was the Hippo system itself.
I sent Hippo's owners a notecard, and didnt hear anything from them. So I decided to see what was going on. Investigating, I found their main sim had gone, and the only reference to them in world was a parcel that was locked down and you couldnt get on to it anymore.
I also talked to a few business friends who also confirmed they were having problems with the redelivery system.

As a result of this ongoing issue, and lack of resolution from Hippo, I decided at the start of the year to move to Casper Vend who have it seems been putting significant investment in to their vendor system.
I am pleased to say that after a great deal of work, I have now migrated Violet Studios to Casper for those products previously on Hippo.
I have also migrated the sales lists from Hippo too, which are now integrated in to my sales records for Casper, hence there are new redelivery terminals in world which work.